Recognition LevelsTitles recognized by the AKC that are achieved will be recognized with a certificate embossed with our club logo:
- New AKC Champion
- New AKC Grand Champion (includes all GCH levels)
- New AKC Performance titles (includes Rally, Agility, Obedience, Lure Coursing)
- New Certificate of Merit (CM) title for 4-6 month beginner puppy competition
- New Barn Hunt titles awarded by the Barn Hunt Association
- New Flyball titles awarded by the North American Flyball Association
- New Dock Diving titles awarded by the North America Diving Dogs Association
Titles bestowed by our parent club, the American Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club:
- New Register of Merit (ROM)
- New Legion of Merit (LOM)
- New Advanced Performance Award (APA)
- New ACKCSC Versatility Award
Titles achieved which are recognized with a fancy rosette that will include the Cavalier’s name, title earned and Club name on the center strip:
- New CGC, CGCA, Star Puppy Graduate or Urban CGC titles
- New AKC Therapy Dog titles
- Newly registered therapy dog team with a national therapy organization – Pet Partners, Alliance of Therapy Dogs, Therapy Dogs International, and Happy Tails. This rosette will state “Registered Therapy Dog” vs. the AKC title on the rosette.
Recognition CertificatesEach recognition level achieved acknowledged with a certificate will have the club logo on it, along with the club member name and cavalier name.
Recognition RosettesEach rosette will contain the cavaliers name on the right strip and the left strip will indicate the recognition level. The center strip will have the club name and date. The center button will be the club logo.
Notification of RecognitionThis member recognition is self-reporting. The member achieving one or more of these levels must report this information to the Club Secretary in writing by using the Member Recognition Form within the appropriate period with the appropriate information for a certificate or rosette to be generated.
The member should include the cavalier’s name, the club member’s name, the date of the achievement, and the type of achievement along with proof of the achievement (i.e. title certificate or therapy dog organization ID card)
Deadlines for the submission of recognition will be October 31 of each year and the achievement must occur in that November 1 - October 31 calendar year to be eligible for club recognition.
** For 2017 only: the reporting period will be September 1, 2016 to October 31, 2017 and will be presented at the December 2017 Holiday Meeting.
PresentationThese awards will be presented annually at the club’s December Holiday Luncheon or Meeting. Awards will also be printed in the Club’s newsletter, “The Cavalier